Background

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Honduras week 1

We have been in Honduras for 1 week and 5 days. Seriously?!!!! Bitter-sweet feeling: on one hand, our vacation is a little over halfway done, but on the other hand daddy gets to join us in 3 days! ! Wahoo!!!
Let's start from the beginning. The night we landed in San Pedro Sula, I said to myself ok I can handle this weather. It's bad, but bearable. .. only to find out later when I joined my family that due to some rain the night was actually pretty nice. Mamma mia!


But despite feeling totally out of my element the first couple of days in the place I called home almost my whole life (which was btw a really weird feeling), it has been a lot of fun to be here spending time with my family. I just realized that if Cody were proofreading this he would make some comment on the long sentence I just wrote! :D 
Anyways, everyone-myself included-have been so impressed with how smoothly Chiara adjusted to the weather and to a bunch of strangers I call family :) she has been such a trooper, always smiling, with little or no complaining. Granted, she gets to sleep and run around in her diapers (I wish I were that lucky) but still! She has handled this new world with the grace of a queen. So much so that no one believes me anymore if I complain about her lack of sleep or crankiness or whatever! 

Running errands with Tito. Chiara playing with Abi and Samuel.

One of the fruits I really miss eating, manzana rosa
 



Hanging out in the playground with Oto's family


You can tell who is having the most fun! 



The app is not letting me write in the last two pics, but this is what they are: 

Chiara making me jealous, and a Honduran tipico breakfast, chiara style

1 comment:

Bessy Herrera said...

Esa niña se ve feliz en Honduras!